22 Apr 5 Ways to Green Your Routine for Earth Day
As Earth Day approaches, we are reminded of the importance of being environmentally friendly. You don’t have to eat tofu and wear all-natural fibers to green your dental routine. These 5 tips can help you keep your teeth clean and healthy while saving the environment:
- Turn off the water! Do you mindlessly brush your teeth with the water running? Turn on the water only to rinse your mouth and toothbrush.
- Go natural. Try a toothbrush made from recycled or renewable materials and recycle it when it’s time for a new one.
- Compost. Yes, you can do it! A biodegradable toothbrush (typically made of corn starch) won’t clog our landfill and can even help your garden grow.
- Slow down. Don’t brush so hard and be gentle on your gums. It will make your toothbrush last longer, saving you money and reducing waste.
- Floss! By flossing regularly, you’ll help prevent major dental work, saving you money and reducing your carbon footprint.
Take a moment to consider the changes you can make to help save the planet this year! It is important to pass on these little tips to our kids so they can help preserve our planet when they grow up too!
All Star Smiles Foundation is leading the fight against childhood tooth decay in communities nationwide. What began as just an idea in a South Florida dental office has now turned into providing underprivileged children with the dental care they so desperately need. Please join us on our journey of helping all kids have a healthy, happy smile. You can read more about our story HERE.